Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thursday, March 31, 2016

KRISTINA

Good Morning! I am Kristina Crabtree, Minister of Spiritual Formation at Central United Methodist church. Children are the most innocent, but also the most profound human beings on the earth. The way they absorb and interrupt life can be such an encouragement.

The other day my little girl was sick. First of all, when a loved one is sick, it affects not only the one who is sick but it affects the one who is caring for the sick one. I label that as “my heart hurting.” As I was putting her to sleep the other night, she looks at me with those “sickling” eyes and says, “Moma, I want my heart to be happy.” Wow, what a profound statement that I bet each and everyone of us say when life is not as we want it to be. I responded with, “you need to rest” that is the only way you can feel happy.

How true is that in our own lives today when we are not feeling happy, when the world around us brings worry and turmoil?

Rest in the Words of Jesus, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. (John 16:20). Rest in those words today. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment