Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. In 2008, I attended my Officer Basic Course at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. As I was being trained on how to perform as a Chaplain in the United States Army, I learned many new life lessons. One of which I have pondered many times since putting on the uniform. The life lesson that I was taught is that there are two things that you have to overcome in life.

The first is to get over the obstacles that are before you. We all face obstacles in life that try to take our joy and peace from us, but through God’s help and grace, we can overcome.

The second thing that we must overcome in life is to get over ourselves. You are not the most important thing in life, and your happiness cannot be based on your current condition for if it is then we become self-absorbed.

If you are a believer, what is most important in your life is your faith in Jesus, and that faith brings purpose. Remember, today that you have to find a way to get over your obstacles and to get over yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment