Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday, June 9, 2017

GLENDA

Good Morning: When I was in school, my favorite teacher was Mrs. Hyde. She really cared about every one of us. She not only taught us the things we were supposed to learn as fourth graders, but was concerned about our spiritual life, too. Every morning when she called the role, we had to answer with a Bible verse and we couldn't repeat what someone else said. The shortest verse, we learned, was “Jesus wept” and whoever was called on first always said that verse. Every night I would have to memorize several verses so I would have one that no-one else said.

Isn't it a shame that she would get in trouble if she were alive today and asked our children to say a Bible verse? The times they are a-changing and I'm not sure it's for the best. We're in trouble and it's because we are taking God out of our lives. Today I ask you to pray for our country and pray for our children. We can make a difference! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment