Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

SABRINA

I remember the day vividly. Two friends brought dinner for our family. With three children four and under, and the baby sick, they “surprised” me. Well, I surprised them. We could manage to look very put together on a Sunday morning, but the house – need I say more? I was just trying to survive, and not doing a very good job. I was mortified. I had been in their homes and it was not in the disarray mine was at that moment.
Fast forward - The children are grown now, and I’m "B” to seven beautiful grandchildren. My children or grandchildren will never remember me for a spotless house, but will hopefully remember the fun, laughter, and love that takes place within these walls.

If today finds you trying to be superwoman, take it from someone who has walked that road. We are all busy, yet today is a good day to laugh and play with a child. It’s a perfect day to stop comparing ourselves to others. Ecclesiastes 3 tells us "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: … a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance." So today choose to laugh and dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment