Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

TIM

Good morning, I’m Tim Wise, Sanctuary Choir Director at Central.

Anger is something that I fear we often deal with daily. I for one feel some frustration when I am driving and notice the recklessness of those around me also behind the wheel. Anger is an emotion that comes naturally to us, but it is
spoken against in the bible.

Matthew Chapter 5:21-26 says:
“I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgement; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. So, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you…be reconciled to your brother and then come and offer your gift.”

Anger is an emotion that truly changes us, can cause an entire day to go badly.

We must do the same as Jesus has called us to do. We have to leave our anger behind before we offer our gifts to God. It will ease our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment