Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

TIM - LOVE OUR ENEMIES
 Good morning, I’m Tim Wise, Sanctuary Choir Director at Central. Leviticus 19:18 says to love your neighbor. Easy, right? Well who is your neighbor? In the Old Testament times, this meant loving a fellow Jew. Not always easy, but still important. Well Jesus turns this command into one even more difficult. He says don’t just love your neighbors, but love your enemies too. WOAH JESUS! Sit back down a second…you’re telling me to love someone I consider my enemy. I don’t even like them! How can I love them??? Loving our enemies means loving someone who doesn’t look like us, act like us, or speak like us. Heck they don’t even like us OR love us! That doesn’t matter. Jesus’ command is plain and simple. Love those who are against us even when it is difficult . I know what you’re thinking… “If only you knew this person…if only you felt the pain they cause.” It doesn’t matter. We have to look at that person through God’s eyes. Perhaps we should also remember how Jesus looked at us even when we turn against Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment