Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

JOHN
Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. Lewis Grizzard often wrote about growing up in a little Methodist church in Georgia and how helpful it was to him in his childhood. Once, they had a couple of rowdy brothers in town who were the town’s juvenile offenders. They started coming to the youth group at church. On the first night they went, they beat up two-fifth graders and threw a hymnal at the lady who was the youth leader. She ducked just in time. She looked squarely in their devilish eyes and said, soft as an angel: “I don’t approve of what you boys did here tonight and neither does Jesus. But if he can forgive you, I guess I’ll have to.” She handed them a plate of cookies. Grizzard said: “And the last I heard-both those boys grew up to be daddies with steady jobs and they never missed a Sunday at church. That was the first miracle I ever saw.” Miracles happen in places of love, acceptance, and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment