Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

GLENDA
 Good Morning! “When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.” Psalm 56:3. That's the Bible verse for the month of October at the Children's Center. During the next few days, children all over Meridian will be hearing about ghosts and goblins and all kinds of scary things. At the Children's Center, we have been stressing the importance of having a good time during Halloween, but we also want them to learn about the difference between make believe and the real thing: God. There's nothing wrong with pretending. In fact, most children learn a lot through play and in pretending. It's our job as adults to teach them what pretending is and give them an alternative. That alternative is the Love and Care of God for each one of us. So, if you have fears in your life, just repeat that Bible verse: “When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you” and teach that to your children. It helps when you are scared and feel all alone. It will remind you that you are not alone and through your trust in God, your fears can be erased. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment