Friday, November 24, 2017

Friday, November 24, 2017

BENJI
 If I had to venture a guess, many of us are still quite full from yesterday’s Thanksgiving festivities of family and friends and football and feasting. Today is one of the few days of the year I have my wife’s famous green bean casserole for breakfast. Although we are stuffed right now, it’s logical to assume we will be hungry again in the future. We won’t stay satisfied forever. And though it seems that leftover turkey will never be fully gone, even after days of turkey sandwich lunches, it will only sustain us for so long. The Gospel of John, Chapter 6 Verse 35 has these words from Jesus: I am the bread of life, whoever comes to me shall not hunger and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. Though Granny’s sweet potato pie may satisfy for a day, Jesus satisfies our souls for eternity. So, I would like to invite you to join us this Sunday at Central, taste and see that the Lord is indeed good as you experience the peace of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment