Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

SABRINA In this very moment we come together as many things — parents, grandparents, community leaders, entrepreneurs, sinners, and saints. God only sees us as one thing: His beloved. Many of us struggle to truly believe this. Deep down there is self-talk we don’t always see driving many of our decisions and emotions; many of us, though grown, still carry around those voices deep within telling us that we’re not enough, we need to be more, do more, and be better. Theologian Henri Nouwen once gave a speech about this. He suggested the “beloved child” creed in which each day you look into the mirror and remind yourself: “I’m not what I do. I’m not what I have. I’m not what people say about me. I am the beloved child of God. No one can take it from me. I don’t have to worry. I don’t have to hurry. I can trust Jesus and share His love with the world.” We can let go of our fears of worthlessness and live every moment with joy and belonging, because we ARE children of God, and we DO belong! So, go into this day knowing no matter where you are in your journey, you ARE a child of God and are precious in His eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment