Friday, November 9, 2018

Friday, November 9, 2018

MATT FARMER Good Morning! I’m Matt Farmer, Associate Pastor at Central United Methodist Church in Meridian. When I first got married, I called my dad on a regular basis for advice. At some point in the conversation, I would say “I’ve got a question for you.” Eventually, it became a running joke between us and he would sometimes answer the phone and say, “What’s your question?” One day I a replied, “No question, just wanted to talk.” Have you ever just called a friend or loved one just to talk or hear their voice? There is something about hearing the voice of those you care about. It’s an important part of building up our relationship with that person. But what about in our prayer life? Do we call on God just when we need something, or do we talk with Him regularly just in hopes of hearing from him? Prayer is essential if we want to deepen our relationship with God. It aligns our heart with His and our will to his will for our lives. I encourage you to pray - not only when you are in need or when you have a question but just in hopes of hearing his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment