Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

BENJI Good morning! I’m Benji Riddle – Director of Youth Ministry at Central United Methodist. Throughout history, the people of God, that’s you and me, have had a seriously hard time remembering to remember God. We’re following him, growing closer to him, and living our lives with him as our orbital center—and then we aren’t. We forget all about who he really is and what he really does. We witnessed God coming through for us yesterday, but we are acting like he’s our enemy today. You could say remembering to remember God is the primary spiritual discipline of our lives, because we’re so typically bad at remembering to remember. In my favorite hymn, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, a line is stated that says, “Here I raise my Ebenezer, hither by thy help I’ve come.” An Ebenezer was basically a monument built by God’s people to remind them always of how good God is; how God helped them in some way so that generations down the line would know. Today, find a way to remind yourself of the goodness of God and the peace that He brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment