Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

JOHN Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. I grew up in a household that loved the outdoors, and we especially loved hunting season. As a child, I could not wait until it was that time again when we would head to the woods and the dream of harvesting a trophy was always on my mind. As a follower of Jesus, you and I have been called to go into the world and invite others to follow the way of Jesus. The earliest moments of our movement were filled with the stories of men and women that gave everything they had to influence others to follow him. I hope that as we are able to see a new year in the distance that we start to reclaim the passion of seeing people come to a saving faith in Jesus. It should excite us more than sports, outdoor adventures, or traveling the world. If we shift our focus from seeing each other as competition and instead see each other as co-workers, then maybe this passion will change the communities that we live in. Jesus is worth being passionate about. If you want a better life, I invite you to come and follow Jesus with us at Central.

No comments:

Post a Comment