Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

GLENDA Good Morning: John 13:35 says this: “By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another.” Did you ever watch the Andy Griffin show? Do you remember a character named Gomer Pyle? I just loved Gomer. He could say the funniest things. Once he was a little outdone with another character, and he made this statement: “I love him, but I don’t like him.” That statement stuck with me because there are people who really get on my last nerve, and being a Christian, that sometimes made me feel so guilty. But Jesus said we are to love one another. He didn’t say anything about liking each other. We can love them because they are God’s children just like you and I are. We can treat people with respect even if they don’t treat us with respect. We can accept people as they are and love them as God told us to, but Gomer is right…we don’t have to like them. Funny thing about that is that when we treat people as we are supposed to, and love them as God told us to, we may find ourselves gradually beginning to like them. Show love to everyone today, even to those who do not show love to you. Make a difference. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment