Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday, April 15, 2019

TIM GOOD MORNING, I’M TIM WISE, SENIOR ADULT MINISTER AND SANCTUARY CHOIR DIRECTOR AT CENTRAL. Over the past several years, studies have been conducted by numerous sources that have revealed a small number of Christians believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Only 45% of Evangelical Christians affirm that personal belief in Christ is necessary for salvation. As a young Christian, I find this number concerning. This is a problem, because it goes distinctly against the teachings of Jesus. I understand the desire to want to be inclusive and politically correct, and I am an advocate for inclusion and political correctness to a point. But, we as Christians, cannot sell the idea that salvation is available without acceptance of Christ as our Messiah. The salvation is available to all, but there is a requirement of how to attain it. Jesus says: “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father, except through me.” Christ is the way to our salvation. Christ is the only way to our salvation. He is available to all, we just have to recognize him.

No comments:

Post a Comment