Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tuesday, April16, 2019

BENJI Good Morning, I’m Benji Riddle – Director of Youth Ministries at Central United Methodist. With Easter coming up this Sunday, I am reminded of a young man who was set to portray the angel at the tomb of the Risen Christ. His lines were “It is I! Be not afraid!” Well, as young kids sometimes are, he walked out on stage, looked out at the crowd and all the people watching him and froze with fear! After much encouragement from the others on stage and the teacher in the wings, he was able to squeak out “ It’s me! And I’m afraid!” Fear can get in the way of really great and important things in our life. It can stop us from seeing ourselves as we are, as children of God. It can stand in the way of us seeing clearly God’s will for us. As a popular song by Zach Williams says: Fear is a Liar! Don’t buy the lie, trust God, and be strong and courageous!

No comments:

Post a Comment