Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thursday, April 4,2019

BENJI Good Morning, I’m Benji Riddle – Director of Youth Ministries at Central United Methodist. A couple years ago, as we were packing our house to move here to Meridian, I had the unfortunate honor of learning a lesson the hard way. You see, I was both in a hurry and not paying attention and showing off for my wife and kids, and I neglected to make sure there was nothing in the way as I picked up a stack of boxes off the table. I didn’t see the large candle fall, but I knew it was there when it struck my big toe. The pain was incredible. I didn’t take the time to slow down and pay attention to the details. I let my pride and hurry get the best of me, and I sure suffered for it. Take a moment today to slow down. Keep that over-inflated pride in check and take up some humility. And always check and double check for that candle lurking on the edge of the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment