Monday, March 1, 2010

Chaos

In the very first chapter of the Bible, we are taken to the chaos before time began. In the formless and dark void of a universe prior to creation, we find the Spirit of God hovering over the chaos waiting for God to speak His creative word. This creative word set the power of the Spirit into creative work, ordering and making our universe and our world within it. I don't know about you, but sometimes my life seems just like that chaos that was before time began - formless - hopeless - a dark void. But I know that God is waiting over the chaos of my life - waiting for me to give him permission - waiting to say the word that will take my senseless life and give it purpose, meaning, a real direction. If your life seems to be in chaos, I encourage you to give God that permission. At Central United Methodist Church we are a community of believers who are learning what it means to give God permission to create in us the life he would have for us. Come join us.

Bob Peden

No comments:

Post a Comment