Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 18, 2010

Good Morning!




Margaret Wise Brown is known for her simple yet profound books for children. One of my favorites is the Runaway Bunny. It’s about a little bunny who tells his mother he has decided to run away. “If you run away,” said his mother, “I will run after you – for you are my little bunny.” She goes on to tell him that whatever he becomes or wherever he goes, she will be persistent and ever pursuing. He says, “Shucks, I might as well stay here and be your little bunny.”



This story reminds me of David’s words in Psalm 139, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? Your hand shall lead me and your right hand shall hold me.”



Let’s be thankful for God’s relentless love for us – ever pursuing, ever-present, and ever guiding. Thanks be to God.
 
Jim Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment