Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 9, 2010

In a world where violence and terrorism may strike anytime, any place, where can we find security?




The Bible says that our security is not in human protection, but in God. The book of Psalms contains more than 40 references to taking refuge in the Lord, many of them from David’s experience of being pursued by his enemies. In his prayers for help, he centered his hope in the Lord. David writes, “You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble. To you, O my strength, I will sing praises; for God is my defense, my God of mercy.”



God doesn’t guarantee protection from difficulty and harm, but God promises to be our refuge in every situation. Remember as you go through this day that you will forever and always be a beloved child of God.
 
Jim Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment