Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

RAMBO



Hi!  I'm Bob Rambo, Lead Pastor at Central United Methodist Church.  One evening many years ago when my two sons were just little boys, I came in from work one day ready to read the day's newspaper.



My youngest son, Walt, anxious for a little time with dad, began to talk.  I held the paper up while he talked, simply responding Uh-huh.  Uh-huh.  He soon tired of this.  He put his hand over the paper and gently pulled it down.  He looked me in the eyes and said, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME WITH YOUR FACE.  In his own way, my son Walt asked Daddy, can I have your full attention?



When you listen to others, do you always give your full attention?  Or like me, do you tune people out or think about other things?  What about when God speaks to us?  Do we pretend we're listening - or do we “listen with our faces”?



One of the great longings of people today is simply to have someone to talk to and “be heard by.”  Today, let's LISTEN to one another.



Make it a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment