Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

JIM CAIN



Good Morning!



My wife had a serious knee injury that resulted in her having total knee replacement surgery back in November. The doctors did a great job, but the road back to total health involved a lot of pain and hard work.  Watching her suffer was a helpless and horrible feeling for me, and there were days when it felt as if God were not hearing our prayers.



One evening, while I was reading my Bible, my eyes landed on the first verse in Isaiah 43.  “Fear not,” it begins, and ends with “you are Mine.” Suddenly, the Holy Spirit made the words personal. The way God addresses Israel reminded me of His attention to us too: “When you pass through the waters . . . through the rivers . . . through the fire” Each phrase rose up in crescendo, from the pages to my heart .My comfort in that hour came not from promises of healing or miracles, but from knowing we were never alone.



God used His words to comfort us and prepare us for those harder moments!  Let these words be a reminder to us all that we are never alone. At times, our fears may loom so large, we long for proof that God is near;
It's then our Father says to us, “Have faith, My child, and do not fear.” Never forget in the darkness, what you know to be true in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment