Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

BOB PEDEN



Good Friday morning. For most people it is Thank God it is Friday. For me it is Oh God, is it Friday already! I know I have at least 2 days of work to try and get done as quickly as possible in order to have everything ready for Sunday worship. Making sure the altar is straight that all the candles are tall enough. Getting the music and the projection equipment all set. There are a thousand things to be done. I want everything to be perfect for those who come to worship.



Yet, it is know in my heart that worship does not happen because of anything that I do. Worship happens because God himself shows up. And when God appears, we react with awe and worship. So as you come to worship at your church this Sunday, don't come expecting to hear your favorite hymn or the perfect sermon or anything else to make you feel right. Come expecting to meet God. If you do not have a church home, we would love for you to join us at Central United Methodist Church this or any other Sunday. Worship happens weekly at 8:30 and 10:55. Come and worship Christ, who will be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment