Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday, November 8, 2013

GLENDA

Good Morning:

When I was a little girl, we had a maid who could chew gum and make it pop as she chewed. I thought

that was the most wonderful talent for someone to have! I wanted to be able to do it, too. So, while she

ironed, I sat under the ironing board with her giving me instructions on how to chew and pop gum. I

never learned to do it. I was very disappointed because I really liked that sound. However, I learned as

I grew up that there are some things that we don't need to learn from others--no matter how much we

admire them--popping your gum was one of those things. Of course, it was my mom who taught me

that popping gum was not something a young lady should do.

My point today is that as a parent, you are the most important teacher your child can have. The Bible

says, “Train up a child in the way he should go and in his old age, he will not depart from it.” Be a

good teacher for your child and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment