Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

BOB

Good morning. This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church. I have my very own

Smartphone. It is valuable as a means of communication with other people and for organizing my daily

life. However, I am grateful that I do not need it to talk to the most important person in my life. Jesus

taught us that in talking with God we should begin, Aour Father in heaven.@ More specifically, our

"Abba in heaven." Abba is an intimate, tender, folksy, pedestrian term, the warmest of the Aramaic

words for "father." Formality stripped away. Proximity promised. Jesus invites us to approach God like

a child approaches Daddy. No special training required. No monthly plan needed.

Stunning, don't you think, that the highest conversation in life requires nothing but an open heart and

a "Dear Father?" How gracious of God to keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment