Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

DENNIS

Good Morning. As a child, I could not swim. At a local lake, I once ventured out further and further

away from a beach where my mother was seated. She warned me to not go out too much further. I

ignored her calls. Suddenly, my footing gave way and I was under the water. I began sinking under

that dark water. Fortunately, my mother was a very good swimmer; a former life guard as a young girl.

She rushed out into the deep water and reached down to save me.

Later on, she taught her son to swim. And her son was willing to learn. 

The world needs more lifeguards! It needs Christians who are willing to call out to those in the deep

end and to jump in after them if one goes under.

Perhaps today, you are the one struggling to stay afloat on the stormy sea and you are sinking down.

Call out to Jesus; to the one who walks on the water, regardless of how high the waves are. I'm Dennis

Gossett, Associate Pastor, at Central UMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment