Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

RAY DURDEN

The Bible says: I will forgive your transgressions and remember them no more. 

Dwight Moody told the story of a Scottish preacher who before his conversion had been a wicked man.  After he was saved, he began preaching the gospel.

One night as he prepared to go to the pulpit, someone handed him an envelope. Inside was a list of the awful things he had done in that town. He debated what to do, stepped to the pulpit and began to speak.
“Friends, I am accused of crimes and sins committed in this very city. I will read them to you.” One after another he read these charges, and at the conclusion he said, “I’m guilty.”

“You ask how I dare come to you and speak of righteousness and truth, with a list of crimes like that against my name? I will tell you: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
He completely and forever paid the debt for all those who trust in Him for salvation.  Nothing in our past can take away this great gift.  Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment