Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

SABRINA

Recently while working out at a local fitness center, I observed a couple there.  The gentleman had obviously been ill and was coming as a part of his rehab.  I watched as his wife helped him onto a treadmill, set it at a barely moving pace, got on the one next to him, set hers at the same pace and walked along side him. After just a few moments, she helped him off and they moved to some more equipment.

I could not stop watching as she lovingly helped him and as he willingly worked under her guidance. The vow in sickness and in help permeated the air for me. We take this vow in marriage, but are also called by Jesus to live this in our daily lives with others.

“For if you have done it unto the least of these, you have done it unto me.” Go today, remembering this call of Jesus, and if you are married, I encourage you to stop, look at your spouse, and remember that vow you made. In that couple at the fitness center, I saw love!

No comments:

Post a Comment