Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

DENNIS

Good Morning. Have you ever been locked out? Last year, I locked myself out of my house. I did not have a spare key. Plus, my wife and children were out of town for the weekend. So, I was stuck outside not knowing what to do; give up or keep looking for a way in?
You too have probably faced many locked door situations where all hope seems lost. You may be shut out right now: it could be from a work situation, something financial, or some other problem that has stopped you dead in your tracks. Now God says that if you will become my child then “when you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble.” That is a great promise to all of us who have ever been locked out.
We can go forward in faith believing God will give us access. Just like in the old days, a town would put up gates across the road. At night, the only way to open them was for the driver of a wagon to keep going toward the closed gate in order to spring the mechanism in the ground that would cause it to open.
In my case, I finally found a place to enter. You too can find an entrance; just do not give up your search. Faith has gone before you. This is Dennis Gossett for Central United Methodist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment