Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday, October 9, 2014

SABRINA

Recently I was looking over a lesson for our Jr. High Youth on comparison in the “Land of Er” I am smartER, biggER, cutER. We know this is a HUGE issue for children from the time they enter Kindergarten. There is always the latest toy, doll, clothing – it never ends. But there is an old cliché’ “keeping up with the Joneses” that reminds us this is NOT just a problem with children, AND It is not just a monetary thing.

I go to the gym and see the girl 20 years my junior and desperately want that body; we go to the symphony or any concert, and dream of having the talent of the person on stage.  As adults, we fail to remember the Parable of the valuable coins, where the master handed out five coins to one servant, two to another and one to yet another. We are to remember God gives EACH of us gifts, not of equal value, but as individuals made in HIS image. What we do with our gifts is a reflection of OUR response to God. Where does today find you? For me, I am going to NOT look at the younger girl at the gym today, but look at MY reflection in the mirror and remember, I am EXACTLY who God wants me to be on THIS day – a few pounds heavier maybe, but blessed BEYOND words. I just need to use the gifts HE gave me to HIS glory! Join me today in the celebration of YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment