Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

SUZANNE

I have known many

students in my years

who were excited

about getting their

drivers permit. Many

who went and did so

without studying for

the test. Some

passed, some didn=t.

Several years ago, I

had to get my

commercial driver’s

license. There were a

lot of things in that

manual with which I

was completely

unfamiliar: airbrakes

and power steering

fluid had no meaning

to me. It wasn=t until I

spent a lot of time


understanding the

book and having

someone show me

the parts under the

hood, that I became

knowledgeable

enough to pass, and

yes, I have a CDL!

The same principles

that I used to earn

that commercial

drivers license can be

applied to our

spiritual lives. The

Bible is full of

guidelines and rules

that will help us pass

the test of life.

Sometimes those

lessons can be

learned on our own,

and sometimes it

takes Biblical study,

Godly pursuit, and

encouragement from

other believers.


The road of life is

challenging. We

would be wise to read

the Abook@ and

learn the lessons God

teaches us as we

travel the path with

Him!

For Central United

Methodist Church, I

am Suzanne Cain.

No comments:

Post a Comment