Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

DENNIS

Good Morning. I am Dennis Gossett with Central United Methodist Church. Have you ever felt like you were not accepted? I remember as child that I felt like I was never really accepted because I wasn’t that good at sports like most kids. I was uncoordinated, slow, and a bit over weight.

When we get older we still can have these types of feelings. You may be in a situation where you do not feel accepted. And, this could be somehow bleeding over into your relationship with God. You feel that He does not accept you because you have not experienced some emotional high or charismatic feeling. The enemy wants you to believe God does not want you. Well, friend, that is a lie. God says that “my grace is sufficient.” All you have to do is trust Him, because He has given you the ability to know Him. And, He has lovingly and unconditionally accepted you when you committed yourself to Him.

So, every time the devil tries to convince you otherwise, point to the moment you gave yourself to God and let that alone be your witness. Here, at Central we encourage each other to tell our stories with one another, which will evidently inspire others. I invite you to come and share your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment