Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday, September 28, 2015

DENNIS

Good Morning. I’m Dennis Gossett, Associate Pastor at Central United Methodist Church. Let me ask you a serious question, “How is your prayer life?” Has it grown dull and boring? Have you allowed other things to creep in and take its place?

Maybe you have never been the one to pray. I believe that I can ask these types of questions, because I have been at each of these places before. Often, I must remind myself that there is power in prayer. If we allow it, prayer can be more than just a list of what we want. Making it just a list of our desires and needs will only lead us to great and greater disappointment. Instead of it being a list of wants, it can be formational. Prayer can mold us into the people Jesus wants us to be. He said if we would listen to him, then we would love our enemies, do good to those who hate us, bless those who curse us, and pray for those who abuse us.

There is no better way to listen to Jesus than being in prayer. Today, we can resolve to live faithfully in the direction of our prayers, and our act of faith in God’s power by praying for our enemies. I want to invite you to Central and join us as we attempt to transform hearts and minds through the power of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment