Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thursday, September 10, 2015

SUZANNE

“To everything, turn, turn, turn,
There is a season, turn, turn turn.”

Recently, I have attended three funerals in the past couple of weeks. At each

one, I talked with the families, reminisced about the deceased, shed tears,

and even laughed at fond memories. 

I pondered at the similarities of each.  Death has no boundaries. It happens to

young and old; black and white; rich and poor; you and me.

The only thing we can do to prepare for death is to secure our own salvation,

and share the love of Christ with those around us. 

Ecclesiastes reminds us that “to everything, there is a season.” Verse 12 tells

us “I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good

while they live.”
If you find yourself in a season of mourning, God will carry you through and

turn your weeping to rejoicing. Hold on, my child. 

For Central United Methodist Church, I am Suzanne Cain.

No comments:

Post a Comment