Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

BOB

Good morning, this is Bob Peden of Central, a United Methodist Community

in Meridian. Actually, Bob is my nickname, my “real” name is Robert. But

my mother began to call me Bob and it has stuck.

Many of us have nicknames. Names given to us by those who care about us.

Some like mine are simple. Others describe our appearance or abilities such

as “Tiny Tim” or “Speedy.”

God has given us a name as well. A name known only to Him. It thrills me to

know that God has given me a new name because of my faith in Jesus.
You can get one too. The God that made you, that loves you, and that wants

you to belong to him forever has a special name for you. All you have to do is

believe in the One who has overcome this world. Believe in the One who

died and now lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment