Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thursday, October 15, 2015

SUZANNE

I was recently reintroduced to a lady who told me how excited she was to

meet me again.  She recounted to me words I had spoken to her more than

twenty years ago.  She said how she had often quoted my words to others,

because they were so meaningful to her.  Although now a grown woman, she

was an impressionable young teen at our first encounter.

It reminded me how important our words are.  Even if we don’t realize it, our

words can build others up or tear them down. Proverbs 16:24 teaches us that

pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Proverbs 15 has many verses that remind us of the power of our words. Verse

1 reminds us that a gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up

anger, and verse 4 says that the tongue that brings healing is a tree of life.

The words that flow from our mouths are an overflow of the heart.  If our

hearts are beating with God, the words that fall from our lips will bring Him

the glory, even as we speak to others.

For Central, A United Methodist Community, may your words reflect the

love of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment