Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thursday, October 29, 2015

DENNIS

Good Morning. I am Dennis Gossett, Associate Pastor at Central United Methodist Church. Today is going to be full of choices. Each one of you will have a variety of choices to make. Some of those will be simple-no-brainers, while others will be complex and require a bit more thought.

Along our journey today, we all will have the choice to do good or do bad. We can choose to say a kind word when someone is being mean. We will have the choice to give when someone is taking away. The life we lead is ultimately up to us. I can choose not to do what everyone else is doing. I can choose to stop and go in another direction. It is up to me whether or not to blame my problems on other people or to take responsibility for my life.

God has created each one of us in a unique way by giving us free will. With free will comes the responsibility that each one of us will have to answer for. Have we worked for the greater good in the world or have we torn down lives? The Apostle Paul is one who chose a life that made a difference, which began with his choice to be a follower of Jesus no matter the cost. What will you choose today? If it is community you are looking to belong to, I ask you to consider choosing Central.

No comments:

Post a Comment