Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday, December 14, 2015

DENNIS

Good Morning. I’m Dennis Gossett with Central United Methodist Church. If you are seeing me this morning then I bet the majority of you belong to a church. For others, this may be the closest you have been to church in a while, and thanks for watching.

You are just like the rest of us regular church goers, we are comfortable where we are. All of us like staying in our routines. I know that I certainly have my comfortable and routine places. After all, it safe there. I’ve been doing safe for so long now I instinctively just do. It’s like second nature. But did you know that Jesus doesn’t want any of us to get to comfortable? When we play it safe we tend to miss things God has planted in front of us.

I understand, leaving our safe place is a challenge. But perhaps, that’s the point. God places these challenges in front of us in order to make us grow. When we step out of the comfortable and into the uncomfortable we go from just knowing about God to truly experiencing him. So be uncomfortable today and watch God do some pretty amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment