Monday, December 21, 2015

Monday, December 21, 2015

KRISTINA

Good Morning! I am Kristina Crabtree Pastor of Mission and Evangelism at Central United Methodist Church.
Christmas is almost here! Can’t you feel it! The joy is in the air. Do you ever wonder back to your childhood and think how magically Christmas used to be as a kid? I remember every Christmas Eve my little brother and I would sleep in my upstairs room so we could hear the reindeers better as they landed on the roof.

Did you ever anticipate that type of joy? Or did you ever experience that thrill of waking up around 4 am just to see if your presents had arrived? Would you play with your toys in secrets, then go back to bed and wait for your parents to get back up.

These are some of the memories I have as a child. But sometimes Christmas time as an adult is not so magically, but I hope today that you will too experience Christmas as you did as a child and as you children do now or your children did. This is the most joyous time of year, because we serve a God who loves us and sent us his son. Maybe you can wake up before the kids do on Christmas morning that is coming up and remember those days as a child and give thanks to God for your memories! Anticipate the joy – it is to sit with Jesus and remember all that he has done for you! I encourage you to even write him a letter and leave beside Santa’s cookies! That would be a great way to put Jesus in the center of this Christmas season. Merry Christmas and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment