Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thursday, December 17, 2015

JONATHAN

Good morning! I’m Jonathan Crabtree, Pastor for Student Ministry at Central United Methodist Church in downtown Meridian. In 1903, Orville and Wilbur Wright successfully flew the first motorized airplane at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, on this day. What seemed to be impossible became possible and this event changed the world. Humans were now mobilized by flight.

Do you ever feel that life presents itself with impossible situations? You know, the ones where you ask yourself, “How did I get here?” “Why is this happening?” “Is there any hope for me?” While I cannot promise you specific answers, I can promise you that God is with us during the impossible situations. That may seem impossible, but I guarantee you it is possible that God is with us. During this season, also known as Advent, we anticipate the arrival of God’s Son, Jesus Christ – or Immanuel as the angel told Joseph – which means ‘God with us.’ When the world seemed to be experiencing the impossible, God’s presence made life with Him, possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment