Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday, July 29, 2016

DENNIS

Good morning everyone. I am Dennis Gossett with Central United Methodist Church. Have you ever wondered why we are encouraged to pray? I believe God desires us to pray to him more than we desire to pray to God. God is passionately pursuing each one of us, because he wants to have a good relationship with us. That is why he invented it for us. It was his initiative, not ours.

God is always knocking at our door asking us to open up. However, we feel so rushed that we simply reserve only five minutes or less to speak with him. We can become so rushed that we cannot hear His knocking any more. That is why our hearts, minds, and conscience becomes seared and we convince ourselves that God is absent from our lives. But the truth is we are more absent than he is.

God wants to be heard. He wants to show us where to go and what path to follow. God wants each one of us to experience His divine love and presence. So, I challenge you to take more time out of each day to say, “Here I am God. Speak to my heart.” I also invite you to Central to learn how to hear the word of God speaking to you. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment