Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thursday, July 14, 2016

KRISTINA

Good Morning, my name is Kristina Crabtree minister of Spiritual Formation at Central United Methodist Church.

Can you picture with me the last time you moved into a house? More than likely there was a front entrance, like a porch. There was a door. You then enter the door into the house. And then you walked in to an empty house and started moving your stuff in. Let’s take that image to what our spiritual life looks like. When we become Christians, we in a sense move into God’s house. The front porch represents your repentance.

The door represents your faith. Upon entering the door, is your new “house” or new “birth” experience as a child of God? But what now, the house is empty. The process of moving our lives into God’s house is the process of holy living or Christian perfection, which means giving all that I know of myself to all that I know of God. It is a process. Tomorrow I will know more about myself than I do today so that I will have more to give to God’s house.

I hope you know yourself so that you can give yourself more and more to God today!

No comments:

Post a Comment