Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. In the Song of Solomon, the writer says it’s the little foxes that spoil the grapes. I have pondered on this often in my life, as it seems that so many little things keep us from living the peace and joy that God desires for us. We worry about bills, sick children, jobs, and so many other things that the joy of living is sucked right out of us.

I bet you can think of a time in your life where the little things seemed to add up to one really big thing, and you felt crushed by the weight of it. Jesus was always telling his disciples to not let the little things get them down, because they will take care of themselves. Instead, he said focus on spiritual things like love, hope, grace, and you will find that the little things don’t bother you so much.

I hope you are not letting the little foxes get you down today, but if you are, then I invite you to be a part of the Central United Methodist community, and together, we will catch those little foxes so they will not spoil your grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment