Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday, March 31, 2017

SABRINA

I still laugh and reflect on an argument that took place between two grandsons several years ago.  Hunter came to tell me that Brett said something ugly.  After trying to get the truth out of the boys, Brett finally looked at me with earnest eyes and said, “B, IF my voice said it, my ears did NOT hear it.”  From this small child came an insightful look at how we, as adults, often reason within ourselves.  Do our ears REALLY hear what our voice says? to our spouse, friends, co-workers? The tongue is the most powerful muscle in our body. How is our “voice” HEARD by OTHERS? Do our words, the tone of our voice, build others up or tear them down.

Today, as I still smile thinking of the five-year-old dilemma with truth that day, I am reminded of Psalm 19:14 “May the WORDS of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing and acceptable to you O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer.” Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment