Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday, April 3, 2017

KRISTINA

Good Morning, my name is Kristina Crabtree- minister of spiritual formation at Central United Methodist church.
In Matthew's Gospel, a conversation with Peter and Jesus came about. It seems as though Peter and Jesus had lots of conversations. Out of all the disciples, I think Peter and Jesus had a unique relationship.

In Matt. 16, Jesus was asking his disciples, "who do people say that I am?" Out of all the disciples, present Peter speaks up. Jesus then spoke directly to Peter, "who do you say that I am?" I could not help but ponder why Jesus would first ask this question but also to pinpoint Peter’s answer.

I believe there comes a point in our relationship with Jesus, after we have journeyed with Jesus for a while and will ask us personally, one on one, who do you say that I am? Will we give an answer like what others are saying or will we personally be able to answer who Jesus is to us? Imagine with me today if Jesus turned to you and said, who do you say that I am? What would you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment