Monday, April 10, 2017

Monday, April 10, 2017

JONATHAN

Hi, I’m Jonathan Crabtree, Pastor of Student Ministry at Central – a United Methodist Community in downtown Meridian. We’re less than a week away from Easter. As we begin this Holy Week, I invite you to read the prayer of Jesus at the Mount of Olives, or Garden of Gethsame, which means “oil press.” I’m referring to Luke 22:39. Jesus prays at a place where the olives were pressed for oil. I wonder why.

Olive oil was important to the culture, but it was also used to fuel the Temple lights, and a lot was needed. The Olives were pressed for the oil so the Temple could have light; a way to move forward. I wonder if Jesus prayed here because He knew that he was the olive to be pressed for the oil so the world could see the true light.

We invite you to our Easter services at 8:30, 9:45, or 10:55 to celebrate Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment