Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday, May 5, 2017

JONATHAN

Hi, I’m Jonathan Crabtree, Pastor of Student Ministry at Central – a United Methodist Community in downtown Meridian. How easy or difficult is it for you to forgive someone? I guess it depends on the situation, but at the heart of it, I think forgiveness is like a hug. A hug is usually shared by two people, and I don’t think it’s a hug unless it’s mutual. I think forgiveness could work like this too. First, God has forgiven all of humanity if we will just receive the forgiveness like a hug from God. When others do us wrong, it may be difficult to forgive them, but Jesus says in Mark’s Gospel chapter eleven that if we don’t forgive, God won’t forgive.

So, forgiveness is like a hug; it should be mutually shared between two people. Maybe you’re having a difficult time forgiving someone, today, but I encourage you to forgive them just as you have been forgiven by the Creator of the Universe. Come celebrate the forgiveness with us on Sundays at 8:30, 9:45, or 10:55.

No comments:

Post a Comment