Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

SABRINA

I was recently walking down a long corridor at one of the hospitals and saw two grown men engaged in conversation. One of the men was a hospital employee. As I got nearer, I heard the older gentleman say “I will see you later son - I love you.” The younger man replied “I love you too Dad,” and gave him a “big ole bear hug,” right in the middle of the hospital. I wanted to just stop in my tracks and take in the moment.
I am sure, along the way, there had been the normal struggles in their relationship, but in that moment, I just knew that the younger man always KNEW his father was there for him, and the older would willingly lay down his life for his son at any given moment.

This served as two reminders for me.
1. - Parents, every day, no matter how young or old our children may be, they need to know and feel unconditional love, even in the difficult days. No other human can provide that type of love for them.
2. - Our Heavenly Father loves them (and us) even more. It is hard for me to fathom that God loves my children more than I do, but He does.

Today, if you are a parent, TELL your child how very much he or she is loved, and then bask in the knowledge that your heavenly Father loves each of us EVEN MORE!


No comments:

Post a Comment