Monday, September 17, 2018

Monday, September 17, 2018

JOHN Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. You've probably heard of tennis champion, Boris Becker, but you may not know this. He had everything—talent, money, fame, and every other worldly pleasure one could want; yet, he still struggled with depression and frequent thoughts of suicide. "I had won Wimbledon twice before," he said. "Once as the youngest player. I was rich. I had all the material possessions I needed...It's the old song of movie stars and pop stars who commit suicide. They have everything, and yet, they are so unhappy. I had no inner peace. I was a puppet on a string.” The peace that we strive so much for is never found in awards and objects but in a relationship with the God that created you. If you want a better life, then I invite you to come and follow Jesus with us at Central. I know that sounds simple, but I promise you that the Jesus that we follow is irresistible and invites everyone to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment