Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

BOB Good morning! This is Bob Peden of Central, a United Methodist Community here in Meridian. Kindness may pay greater returns than anything else we can do. Jane Adams, founder of Hull House in Chicago, liked to tell about the night she was walking alone when she was met by a man she feared meant to harm her. She said to him, “I’m alone and I am afraid. Would you do me the kindness to walk with me to my home?” The man silently walked beside her while she spoke to him about her work at Hull House. When they reached the building where she lived, she thanked him for his protection. Before he turned away, he said to her, “Lady, I was going to rob you, but you spoke to me so kindly that I have decided to not be a robber anymore.” How a word of kindness can change a person, and how it can return to bless the one who spoke it. William Blaine said: “Kindness is one thing that you cannot give away – it always comes back!” Speak a word of kindness, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment